Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Day Yesterday

Okay, a recap of my day yesterday:

1) Got to work, my desk was gone, the contents were in a cardboard box sitting on my chair.
2) Went to Criminal Court. I had 2 clients up on violation warrants. Client 1 was first on the docket and dealt with promptly. Client 2 somehow came up with an attorney, so the public defender was relieved of the case and new lawyer entered into the court record. A May 6 court date was announced and then he was moved into holding where he beat the crap out of another inmate.
3) I got out of court before noon. Went home and ate and changed clothes. (Who wants to wear and tie and jacket on a gorgeous 70+ degree Spring-like day?) On the way back to work, one of those yell0w and black wasps that look like a honey bee on steroids flew in the window and stung me twice on the neck.
4) Couldn't find my paycheck from job number 2. Looked all over the place for it and can't find it. Called boss. He will reissue it tomorrow and stop payment but said if it happened again they would take the stop payment charge out of my check. Considering they pay just .40 over minimum wage and I work only 15 hours per week there, if it were simple I would have already quit, I hope to quit by next fall anyway.
5) Got back to work and found my computer chair gone. Had to drag extra crappy furniture out of storage just to enter my notes from court.
6) Had to go straight to second job due to late reporting offenders.
7) Got home from second job, had now spent 12.5 hours at work. Watched most of Medium with sick wife who laid out of school for sore throat. Fed wife.
8) Fed dogs.
9) Received phone call from insane sister-in-law. She had a court date on maintaining custody on her children. She had nothing to wear. Will explain in next post.
10) Received call from brother-in-law in Florida. He is not happy either. His parents and youngest sister have moved in with him, and if he doesn't lock his room, they go in and use his stuff (ipod and laptop mostly).
11) Went to bed.

No comments: