Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Important Information to Know if You Are Thinking of Adding a Young Boy to Your Family

I have discovered, since becoming the (sometimes) proud foster dad of a (now)10-year-old boy that my education is severely lacking in several areas.  Apparently my high school and university science classes were severely limited and I was not informed of the existence of many life forms that are incredibly important to young boys.  To help others, I have listed the most important of these along with a short description, below.

This is a Bakugan.  If you think it is a cheap plastic ball, you are wrong.  It is a cheap plastic ball that can unfold into a cheap plastic monster.  It also has many friends, also call Bakugan, who are in different colors and some may form cubes rather than balls.  The ball form also makes an excellent toy for cats to bat under furniture.  I believe this species survives by having a Saturday morning cartoon and several video games.


This is a Redakai.  I have seen it only as pictures on 3 d game cards.  I believe there is also a Saturday morning cartoon.  There may be video games I am not sure as I have been guilty of confusing it with:



Ben Ten, which is several cartoons and several video games.

This is a Pokeman called Pickachu.  There are many Pokeman with many names.   They are everywhere, cartoons, video games, books, happy meals, trading cards, small plastic toys.  Don't try to remember them all, you will hurt yourself.

Yu-Gi-Oh.  It's a card game and cartoon.  There are also books and video games.  Don't heard quite as much about it as the others from my boy, but it does come up occasionally.


These are Bey Blades, there are several in my house.  There are many, many different kinds and none of them are inexpensive.  They have their own cartoon and seem to now be spreading to video games, still at least the kids need to get together to play the actual game, which involves pitting their top against the other players tops.  Also lots of fun for the family, because you get to look for the lost ones after the kid leaves them in the floor and the cat swats them under the furniture.  Not a lot of fun to step on barefoot in the dark though.


This is the big one for my boy.  It doesn't seem to have cards or toys, at least none I've seen, but there are videos, books, many video games and cartoons.  So far there are Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Z Kai, and Dragon Ball GT.  I can't tell them apart, but he can.  At first glance, you might mistake it for Nazi Propaganda based on all the blonde-haired Aryan super powered fighters, or a hair gel commercial, but it's a kid's show.

No comments: