Thursday, May 31, 2012

This morning



We are having new shingles put on the house. The crew doing it is hispanic. They started work this morning. The boy knew they were there but hadn't seen them. When we left the house he said, "Are those guys Italian?"

After we were in the car and heading to daycare I explained they were hispanic not Italian and he asked me what Italian was. I explained it referred to someone from the country of Italy. He asked me what Italy was.

Later we saw the truck in the picture. He is constantly telling me I need to get a new car so he can get a "hot girl". I'm not really sure a 9 or 10 year old girl is going to care what kind of car he rides in the back seat of, but he seems to feel a red mustang, camaro or charger is in order. So I pointed the truck out and told him I was stopping to ask if it was for sale. He asked why, I told him I thought we would look cool cruising town in it. "What? Are you nuts? You must be crazy?" he sputtered. "You've just noticed?" I asked.


No comments: